Over the course of the last year and a half, NY Bone and Joint Specialists has expanded by opening a new location and welcoming new doctors, as well making overall changes in the way we operate, based on first-hand patient and referring physician feedback. With our expansion, we now have exceptional doctors that treat all orthopedic, sports medicine, musculoskeletal, bone and joint issues at the same very high caliber of service and treatment that our clients expect from us; and at two convenient NYC locations.Our current locations where you can Request an Appointment include:
- Upper East Side NYC - 205 E. 64th St.; Ste. 402; New York, NY 10065
- Midtown East NYC - 67 W. 55th St.; Ste. 205; New York, NY 10019
Our specialists include all major fields of musculoskeletal care including:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery - Shoulder, Knee, Hip, and Ankle
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Electrodiagnostic Testing (EMG & Nerve Conduction Studies)
- Interventional Pain Management
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Podiatry/ Foot & Ankle Injuries
- Women's Bone & Joint, Muscle, and Pelvic Pain Issues
- Physical Therapy, Medical Massage Therapy & Acupuncture
Our full list of orthopedic and pain specialists include:
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz (Owner/Co-Founder) - Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy of the Shoulder & Knee
- Dr. Michael Y. Mizhiritsky (Owner/ Co-Founder) - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Non-Operative Orthopedics, EMG & Nerve Conduction Studies, Back & Neck Care, Pain Medicine
- Dr. Jeffrey C. Schildhorn - Orthopedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine, General Orthopedics, Arthroscopic Surgery, Joint Replacement Surgery
- Dr. Allyson A. Shrikhande - Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Non-Operative Orthopedics, Women's Bone & Joint, Muscle & Pelvic Pain, EMG & Nerve Conduction Studies, Pain Medicine
- Dr. Nickhil Gupta, DO - Interventional Pain Management & Spine Care, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Dr. Christine Ellie, DPM - Podiatrist, Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Dr. Aron D. Rovner - Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeon, Adult & Pediatric Spine Surgery
- Lynn Keppel, PA-C - Orthopedic Physician Assistant
- Christopher Torres, PA-C - Orthopedic Physician Assistant
In addition to the exceptional offering of services provided by each of our physicians above, our rehabilitation department has some changes of importance:
- Our affiliated physical therapy division, is now known as All Sports Physical Therapy. Run by our Chief of Physical Therapy, Cecilia Manubay, PT, our renowned physical therapy program offers our patients an excellent PT option for superb continuity of care as a result of the close communication with our physician. Many NYC orthopedic doctors, as well as those from other specialties such as pain management, neurology and primary care, refer their patients to All Sports Physical Therapy regularly because of the excellent care provided by our therapists.
- Acupuncture & Medical Massage Therapy - We now offer both of these services as additional therapeutic treatment options for both existing and new patients alike.
- BabyFit - A new program designed by Dr. Allyson Shrikhande, and implemented by All Sports Physical Therapy. It is an individually tailored exercise program for pregnant and post-partum women.
We accept most health plans including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Oxford, UnitedHealthcare, Medicare, Workers Compensation & International Patient Health Insurance Plans. The number of plans we accept are too numerous to list and we are always updating this list, so it is best to call our office or e-mail us through our Contact Us page. We look forward to providing you exceptional care in the years to come.