The ankle allows the movement of the foot through small joints that are easily injured. Wear and tear of the ankle joint is inevitable; it has the entire weight of the body above it and is essential for walking. Delicate ligaments and tendons surround the complex ankle joint, stretching and tightening to absorb impact and allow for rotation. These tissues, along with the bones of the ankle joint, are often strained and damaged.
The orthopedic specialists and podiatrist at New York Bone and Joint Specialists are experienced in treating ankle conditions such as:
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Fractures & Fracture Care
- Loose Bodies in the Ankle
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Sprains & Strains
When conservative methods fail to eliminate pain, our doctors perform highly effective and safe ankle surgeries.
- Ankle Arthroscopy – Arthroscopic Surgery
- Brostrom Procedure for Recurrent Ankle Sprains/Instability
- Drilling Cartilage Injury (OCD of Talus)
- Removal of Loose Bodies
- Decompression of Ankle Impingement