When you’re faced with a serious injury or condition and need to know your treatment options, getting a second opinion from another orthopedic specialist in NYC is absolutely essential.
Even if you’ve already met with another physician, New York Bone and Joint recommends seeing one of our specialists to explore the best alternatives for your unique situation.
When Should I Get a Second Opinion?
As experts in the human body’s foundation, which include your bones, joints, muscles and connective tissues, we can help you discover what the latest and most effective treatments are available.
You should get a second opinion if:
- Your first doctor’s opinion leaves you with doubt about the treatment being offered
- You have a serious condition or injury but are only offered one treatment option
- You still have a number of unanswered questions
- You are told by a specialist that nothing can be done to treat your condition
- Your condition returns even after you’ve received treatment
- Your physician is unable to pinpoint cause of your symptoms
- You feel there is something wrong with your diagnosis or suggested treatment
Why Should I Get a Second Opinion?
It doesn’t matter if you’re an athlete, parent or retiree—what matters most is getting you on the road to recovery sooner rather than later.
To ensure your return to optimal health, it’s important to have a firm diagnosis of your condition, and know what your best options are when it comes to healing.
Getting a second opinion can help you:
- Have a better understanding of your condition
- Get solutions to unanswered questions or confirm answers from your other physician
- Remove any doubts you’re having about your condition or treatment options
- Help you weigh the risks and benefits of recommended treatments
- Give you more background on treatment options so you can make an informed decision
Depending on your insurance, your plan may cover your second opinion completely, even if you visit with a specialist outside of your network. If you have questions on your coverage, contact your insurance provider for details regarding second opinions.
At New York Bone and Joint, we feel second opinions are important when it comes to getting—and staying—healthy. If you’d like to meet with one of our NYC orthopedic specialists, please set up an appointment by clicking below.