Christopher Torres, PA-C
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant
Christopher Torres PA-C is a nationally certified physician assistant specializing in the field of Orthopedics, with a focus on sports medicine as well as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Under the direction of Dr. Leon Popovitz and Dr. Michael Mizhiritsky, Christopher is involved with many aspects of patient care including; diagnosis and treatment of a variety of orthopedic disorders, interpretation of diagnostic studies, assisting in surgery, and patient education. He speaks Spanish fluently, which enables him to communicate more effectively with native Spanish speakers.
Christopher graduated with a Masters Degree in Physician Assistant studies from the Pace University/Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program. He is a current member of his state Physician Assistant society, N.Y.S.S.P.A. He completed his undergraduate work at Fordham University where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences.
Throughout his adolescence and even now, Chris is an active member in sports leagues including tennis and swimming as well as a member of a dance company.
FACULTY & FACILITIES
- Affiliated with North Shore LIJ Lenox Hill Hospital
- SurgiCare of Manhattan
- Midtown Surgery Center
- Nationally Certified Physician Assistant, Licensed in New York State
- New York State Society of Physician Assistants
Areas of Expertise
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pace University (Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program)
- Fordham University