Melissa Quimosing-Cruz, DPT
- Staff Physical Therapist All Sports Physical Therapy
Michelle graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of the Philippines in 1998. She earned a doctorate in medicine in 2002 from her native country. Up until her move to the United States, particularly in New York, in 2007, she was licensed to practice both as a physical therapist (pediatrics to geriatric PT in all subspecialties) and as a physician (adult neurology and psychiatry) in the Philippines.
When she obtained her license to practice as a Physical Therapist in New York in 2007, she gravitated toward out-patient orthopedics. While working full-time, she managed to obtain her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Utica College in 2011. In 2013, she successfully completed a clinical residency in advanced orthopedic physical therapy through New York University. She became a board-certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist in 2014 through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, a council by the American Physical Therapy Association.
Both in the Philippines and the United States, Michelle believed in paying it forward to students and junior colleagues by becoming a clinical instructor on-site, or a lecturer in the classroom.
Aside from being a staunch healthcare advocate, Michelle is a devoted wife and mother to 2 daughters.
CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- New York State Licensed Physical Therapist
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- Advanced Certificate in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, New York University (2013)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Utica College, New York (2011)
- Doctor of Medicine & Surgery, University of Santo Tomas, Philippines (2002)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Physical Therapy, University of the Philippines (1998)