Dr. Christine M. Ellie, DPM is the podiatric foot and ankle surgeon at New York Bone & Joint Specialists, and is one of NYC’s best foot doctors. A nationally respected foot specialist, she excels in the treatment of foot pain and arthroscopic foot surgery.
At every stage of treatment, she’ll provide you with comprehensive orthopedic ankle care and complete commitment to your recovery. If you need an ankle doctor in NYC, Dr. Ellie provides top-notch orthopedic care for a range of active patients, from professional athletes to rec league enthusiasts. In addition, orthopedic surgeons Dr. Rupesh Tarwala, MD and Dr. Leon E. Popovitz, MD also treat ankle injuries, allowing patients a variety of treatment options for any condition.
Each of the New York Bone & Joint centers bring together expert specialists across multiple fields of orthopedic surgery, all of whom display the same level of dedication to the wellbeing of their patients. The ultimate goal of New York Bone & Joint Specialists is to provide impeccable care and peace of mind to every single patient we treat.
WHY CHOOSE NY BONE & JOINT FOOT SPECIALISTS?
- Access to world-class joint specialists
- Compassionate and comprehensive care for a range of conditions, from diagnosis to recovery
- Conservative treatment coupled with expert surgical interventions ensure a complete recovery for every patient
WHAT WE TREATAnkle Sprains and Strains - A sprain affects the ligaments that connect bones, while a strain affects the tendons that connect muscle to bone. Both generally respond well to conservative treatments, including rest, icing, compression, and physical therapy.
Ankle Fractures - An ankle fracture is a break in any of the bones in the ankle. It can usually be treated with conservative measures such as casting and physical therapy, but in more severe cases, a surgical procedure may be necessary.
Ankle Arthritis - Arthritis can affect a number of joints in the foot, leaving them swollen and painful. A proactive treatment plan can effectively eliminate the symptoms and help patients stay on their feet.
COMPREHENSIVE FOOT CONDITIONS & TREATMENTSFor more information on your specific injury, consult the pages below. You will find comprehensive information on common symptoms, how the condition is diagnosed, our recommended course of treatment, and expected recovery timelines.
Ankle Sprains and Strains - Conditions & Treatments
Ankle Fractures - Conditions & Treatments
Ankle Arthritis - Conditions & Treatments
Symptoms & Conditions
Orthopedists at New York Bone and Joint are highly skilled in treating numerous ankle conditions, including:
- Fractures & Fracture Care
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Sprains & Strains
- Loose Bodies in the Ankle
- Decompression of Ankle Impingement
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Bunion Pain: Causes, Treatment, & Surgery
- Ankle Arthroscopy – Arthroscopic Surgery
- Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Arthritis & Osteoarthritis
- Brostrom Procedure for Recurrent Ankle Sprains / Instability
- Drilling Cartilage Injury (OCD of Talus)
- Removal of Loose Bodies
- Corn Removal Surgery
- Cosmetic Foot Surgery, including: Foot Facelift, Foot Narrowing, Toe Shortening, Toe Lengthening, Toe Reshaping, Toe Straightening
- Bone Spurs
- Bunion/Hallux Valgus Deformity
- Corns, Callouses, IPK
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Gait Disorders
- Ganglion Cysts
- Haglund’s Deformity
- Hallux Rigidus
- Hallux Varus
- Heel Spurs
- Nerve Entrapment Syndrome
- Overuse Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tailor’s Bunion
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tendinitis / Synovitis